View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
tower74
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Camaro
tower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzy View Post
Hello everyone,

I have bought a 2009 370z. It has some mod's to it but nothing to major. I want to do a twin turbo eventually, but I was curious if it is harder to do in an automatic trans than in a standard trans. If someone has done this in a auto let me know.
Well I have a single rear mount turbo and I've had zero issues with my transmission ( 481rwhp 427 tq). I have over 16,000 miles on the kit (20,000 miles on the car). If you are planning on boostin the hell out of the car everywhere you go or doing a ton of 1/4 mile runs then upgrade.
I might break it loose maybe once or twice a week and I never try to get it close to the red line. Of course with the AT7 it will not allow you to go over the red line limit. That's not to say I won't have problems in the future but I guess that's where a second vechile comes in handy.
tower74 is offline   Reply With Quote