View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
BlkNismo
Track Member

Drives: Nismo
BlkNismo is on a distinguished road
Default TWM Short Shifter Review

There's not much information on short shifters here. Options I know of for our car is AMS, B&G, Stillen, Nismo and TWM.

I opted to go with TWM short shifter kit. I believe based on my opinion TWM uses superior design and materials vs the competitors.

I decided to share my opinions on the TWM shifter kit. Many guys say a short shifter in not needed in the 370z, however if anyone is considering one, here is my review on the TWM short shifter kit.

Ordered straight from TWM. Price is slightly higher then competitors. Shipping is fast as it arrived at my door 4 days later.

Install was about 90 minutes. Using OEM shift knob and boot.

Looks: Shift knob sits about a 1/4 inch lower then OEM. I really like the height as it just feels right and more comfortable during shifts.

Feel: Shifts are shorter the OEM. TWM states 33% shorter. One thing to note here is it does require more effort to shift into gear. Perhaps a weighted knob would help but I like the OEM knob as it doesnt change temp like a aluminum knob.

Shifts feel very precise. There is no play/wobble once in gear like OEM.

Overall, I am satisfied with the TWM shifter kit. There is no need to grind anything prior to install as I heard other brands require. Goes into gears and reverse perfectly.

If using oem boot, you will need to use a zip tie to keep the boot in place around the shaft.

I have about 200 miles with the shifter kit installed.
No pics of the install.

Last edited by BlkNismo; 05-30-2013 at 02:20 PM.
BlkNismo is offline   Reply With Quote