Thread: Z Killer ?!?!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 08:37 AM   #33 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zikizira View Post
Hi all,

I am the one who posted the magazine article at the brazilian forum, friend of Brazilian Z. I really love the Z, but have chosen the Eclipse mainly due to its back seats and trunk. I have two children and need that space. Dont even bother to explain me about the performance superiority of any stock Z. I know this.

After discovering trackdays, all my friends kept telling me that I should have chosen the 350Z. But thats life. Now I have two other Eclipse 2G (GST and GSX) and have just purchased an Evo X. But my heart says the only car I would ever exchange for my 4G would be a Nissan GTR R35 (it has back-seats and good trunk space). Maybe I am doing this next year.

The previous statement (friends telling me I should get a Z) is illustrated at the following video: YouTube - My Eclipse 4G History.

Red...take a look at YouTube - ZikiziraBR's Channel. You are going to see videos showing my 4G, with 271whp (automatic, untuned), in a lot of track events. Headers are not custom (there are two options only - RRE and Ripp). Without tuning, the car is piggy rich (AFR), but it is still quite powerfull. I have coilovers, PU bushes and motor mounts, Ingalls Stiffy and other handling mods. Torque steer has never been a problem to me and (please, with all due respect), no 350Z (stock or lightly modded) has ever beaten it at the track...but I am 100% sure that any Z with similar mods, would be a lot better than any 4G.

Technically, we should never compare modded x stock cars. But that statement ("Z Killer"), is a good thing for both cars, imho. For the Z, it is telling that it is a reference, beloved car. For the 4G, it will make people look at it more closely, maybe driving the improvement of aftermarketing support. Its like telling car X is a Mustang Killer. It sells a lot of magazines and lots of car X.

Best regards,
Ziki

PS: "Ziki" is not chosen after Zikiller. "Zikizira", my nickname for years, is a word in portuguese which means kind of a strange sickness condition
Welcome to this forum, Zikizira. I think you'll find that we're actually a pretty friendly bunch, and we welcome drivers of all makes and models to make constructive contributions to our community. Good luck on acquiring an R35 -- that'd be an awesome ride!
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote