View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Huck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pantydropper machine
Huck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default I need advice from the Pros!

Hey guys, I'm looking at buying a camera "for my wife" (kinda for me too lol) and I'm wondering what your opinions are on a couple different models. I'm using my credit card rewards points and I'm looking at a Canon T3i 18mp with the lens for about $660, and also the Nikon D3200 24mp with the lens for about $610. Nikon also has the D5100 16.2mp with the lens for about $590. I read all the specs on the cameras and I think I'm leaning towards the T3i so far. Is there anything else I should consider? What would you guys go with? My wife knows nothing about photography, she just wants a nice camera lol. But I would be willing to learn and get more in depth with features and the tech side of photography. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: after more consideration, the D3200 is looking pretty attractive because it seems more beginner friendly. You can use an iPhone app to remotely take pics and transfer them to your iDevice too, which seems kinda cool
VLEDS | Evo-R | Moddiction | CF Hood Struts | F.I. CF CBE & LTH | Stillen CAI | NST Pulleys | UpRev | Z1 | M7 | Status | Forgestar | PSS | Whiteline | SPL | SPC | Kenwood | Zenclosure | Kicker | Alpine Type R

Last edited by Huck; 11-10-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote