View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #141 (permalink)
Cometx4ever
Base Member

Drives: Nissan
Cometx4ever is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huan'z View Post
Really? So what will be the best advice?
And about the resolution. The designer will take care of it. I never think about making any profit or anything like that. Just wanted to do something fun or something for the community. If we going to just quit. Then I think ask triple's to close this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello,

I've been lurking these forums for quite a while now, and I quite enjoy the community. As such, I will give you a little bit of advice in regards to this calendar project.

1) Price: A typical calender to have printed will cost you roughly $15-$20 depending upon design. They will also have a MOQ (minimum order quantity) of around 50.
2) Print quality: Print quality will need to be 300 DPI. Almost every photo uploaded to this thread so far is barely breaking 60 DPI. The front page photo's are also about half the size and quality required.
3) Photo Editing and Publishing: You have two options, once you get the photos at the required 300 DPI and size:
A) You simply send them to a calendar production company, they will stretch, shrink or fit them to make them work and publish them on a pre-made calendar design of your choosing. This will have a cost of around $20 per calendar and they will do little to no after effects or touch-ups on the photos.
B) You tweak the photos yourself, you design the calendar yourself. You bring your 12 pages of completed calendar art to a simple print shop or contract the work out. This will run you around $5-$10 per calendar and you will have much better quality of photos and calender depending upon the skill level of the designer.

Also, a general rule is: You can never increase size, or quality of a picture. Trying to do so will result in very poor results. Please keep this in mind if you continue with this project.

Feel free to PM me for any additional info or help you may need.

Until then, I will continue to lurk
-Brad

Last edited by Cometx4ever; 11-09-2012 at 05:05 PM.