View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #1449 (permalink)
Pintsize725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2016 Mazda 6
Pintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle View Post
Good Morning from your long lost cousin in Houston.

I've been way too busy at work to even attempt to follow the thread. Looks like all is well though.

Looks to be a quiet weekend where I'll get a chance to do a full detailing on the Z. Caught a nasty rock from the drive last weekend that apparently skipped off the bottom of the front spoiler and hit one of the grille blades.

The stone actually chipped the leading edge of the spoiler, scratched the rest of the spoiler as it cart wheeled up before hitting the grille.

Like everything else in life, this has presented an opportuninty for a mod! I'm going to black out my grill opening (remember I have a Nismo front bumper that has the grille area painted body color), and then extend the color down from the grille to the edge of the front spoiler similar to what folks do with their standard front bumper "fang" areas. See ms. pint's car for reference.

In fact, I got the idea from a picture ms. pint posted of an Austin meet. Someone in her gang has a white Nismo who extended the black down to the spoiler, and I really like it. Thanks Tracie!

Anyway, i't's Z-time, football, and NASCAR this weekend. The wife is headed off to Fredericksburg on a wine tasting trip with the girls, so it's peace and quiet time for me.

Have a great weekend all!
You are welcome.

Morning Z peeps