View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #1181 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub370 View Post
on the flutter sound, or compressor surge.. whatever u wanna call it, people can only theorize that this is bad... however, u will NEVER find a case of a turbo failing because of it. slowing down the turbo doesn't hurt anything any more than coming out of boost does...

if someone can find a case of that causing turbo failure, i will eat my own hand
This is very true, and only happens during light decelerations. If you were to go WOT and shift you would not have this at all. Light decel will cause the flutter because you are not going to deep vacuum and the BOV does not open up right away. I have driven a few TT Z's as well, and can duplicate the sound in the audio clip heard here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
Through my research after this was pointed out it seems that a bit of flutter is ok. Its when you get to much of a delay in the valve opening do you really start to stress the turbo. Its the fact that the boost is very low when the flutter occurs, under high boost I think you would have some issues.
Correct as well. In order to have the BOV open fully the spring has to be overcome. If the spring is rated to at -18hg, and you shift at -10hg, there will be some flutter, naturally since the BOV did not open right fully.
IG @boostedperformanceyeg
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote