View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy'sz View Post
Oh ok cool thanx for the info. Im sitting on the fence right now between cai or just keeping my drop ins and getting post maf tubes.
Gains for drop ins alone will be a few whp less throughout. If you can get the smooth tubes for around $100 and the panel filters for around $100, for $200 its a LOT of bang for the buck, especially considering how easy it is to install and swap out for cleaning.

If you are on a tight budget and can only pick one, I'd say go for the panel filters alone.

Although you will gain a good bit more with the G3's, for me the price difference just isn't justified -- more than twice as much for 6-8 more whp and the hassle of removing the bumper.

If you can find a set used ($300ish ball park) I'd say its worth it, but only then.

I'm going to see about the delay in the Swift racing intake and see if I can get that moving again -- details here Interest is New Intake Design? Looking for a test car!

If I can get that moving again -- I think that would be the best of all worlds.

Calling Swift to express interest certainly couldn't hurt...