View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #63 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Yeah, my pressures have been cut in half fairly suddenly. This afternoon I'm going to change the oil and filter to make sure the filter isn't clogged and in bypass. Not particularly interested in pulling the oil pan off. If the pressures aren't better, I'll drop her off at Nissan and let them sort it out given I still should be covered under the 5yr/60k mile powertrain warranty.

I've been using the same Redline oil as usual. No idea why things have changed abruptly. Top reasons for low oil pressure I've read are 1) oil filter in bypass, 2) clogged strainer in the oil pan pickup, 3) frothing due to air getting picked up with overfilled oil pan, 4) oil pump seals worn, and 5) the ominous bearing problems.

Last edited by spearfish25; 11-08-2012 at 11:37 AM.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote