Thread: 2012 Z owner
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
homelessgdog
Base Member

Drives: 12 370Z Auto Prl wht
homelessgdog is on a distinguished road
Post 2012 Z owner

Okay so I bought this Pearl White, Auto, 370Z base w/sports pkg for wife last Nov right after Thanksgiving. We are on 3rd oil change today.
I've read ton's of post about oil that it is supposed to be ester based? I have service contracts bulletin in my hand from Nissan Date August 09, 2010 this is for dealers not the public.

It states Use of Genuine Nissan Ester Oil in NOT a requirement except GT-R and Altima Hybrid.

Ester oil was originally develop for 2008 Infin G37 Coupe equipped with 3.7L engine and VVEL technology. The only Nissan model currently equipped with VVEL tech is the 370Z which has the latest ECM programming so ester oil is not required.

I'm sure this topic has been written about to infinity and beyond. I chewed the dealers butt because I was under the impression it was supposed to be ester base oil. I have paperwork in hand and I can scan it in for clarification. Help. I bought car for wife. I just want to make sure the dealer isn't giving me the run around using conventional oil. I have five pieces of paper from them.

Ester oil is just a recommendation not an absolute must have!

First oil change 3000k
Second oil change 6200 miles
Third oil change 9606 miles Mobil 1 ester All comp by the way.
homelessgdog is offline   Reply With Quote