View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlander View Post
My car is due to arrive late November and my goal is to equal the power of the Nismo 370Z. From what I have read in various posts and magazine articles, the only difference between the 370Z and the Nismo is exhaust and ECU tuning. So I intend to have the dealer install the Nismo exhaust, do the required tuning and add the K&N drop in filters.

Would like to have this accomplished upon delivery and my dealer said they will have the Nismo exhaust shipped directly to the parts department and they also told me that the tuning is something they can do quite easily. I do realize that there are more potent HP gains available from other aftermarket exhausts, HFC, and cold air intakes, but I do not want my bumper removed or have possible warranty and/or state inspection issues. Car will go from dealer prep and then directly into my garage until mid March.

Maine is fairly limited when it comes to performance shops that can do this type of work and I do not want to drive the car out of state in the winter, simplicity works best for me. So the bottom line: I'm not too greedy, don't need to be the fastest Z but I don't want to be the slowest either. Does anyone else have this exact set up and will this meet my needs to reach 350 HP? Thanks for your advice!
350 at the crank, sure.

350 at the wheels, nope.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote