View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #1165 (permalink)
snowsurfdirtx
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Too Fast
snowsurfdirtx is on a distinguished road

Installed my ART pipes this weekend. Called Motordyne for a quick question, they said Tony would call me right back, and he did. He basically ended up walked me through everything before I started and told me to call back if I had any further questions, really appreciate the awesome customer service! Anyway, I drove the car to the on base auto hobby shop so everything was hot. I figured I'd just break the evil bolts, which I did, and fairly quickly(took a while since the shitty socket kept falling off the extension) I'm not a big strong dude either, just a good breaker bar and some effort. One tip though, i put the socket on the drivers side directly on the bolt and then fished the extension in. (about 30 inches of 1/2in extension) and then hammered lightly to make sure it was seated next to the steering linkage, and proceded to snap that bitch off. it helps to have a friend keep pressure on the end of the bar while you pull, it does come off with a bang. then came loosening the stock bolts which was time consuming, one because **** was hot still, two because some of the bolts arent easily accessable, but not bad at all. all in all, it was 4 hours with moving my car in between, and by myself with shitty tools. reset the ECU, let her idle for a few minutes, enjoyed the smell and took her out. was easy on the gas for as long as I could stand to let the ECU remap and then romped on it. initial impression was some rasp, but it sounds great w/ just post maf tubes, drop ins and stock exhaust. definitely louder, but not bad. sounds mean WOT. no pictures as i'm posting from work, and its been too rainy to really tell how much power I gained but ill tell you this.. rolling on the gas in 3rd in the wet now lights the tires around 4500rpm. good jump in butt dyno happiness and noticable tire spinning power, so I know i'm not fooling myself. Thanks to Motordyne and Tony now I want the Shockwave too. haha
snowsurfdirtx is offline   Reply With Quote