View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
blueranger
Track Member

Drives: 2010 Roadster 7AT
blueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question for those who went from 18" to 19"...

I wanted to know from those of you that made the switch from stock 18" wheels to 19" if you noticed a performance drop?

I know the 19" wheel fits and looks better but personal experience in my previous sports car (02 996TT) which came with stock 18" wheels was not great. After one year of ownership (996tt) I decided to upgrade my wheels to 19" and immediately noticed a drop in performance at all speeds and gears. It got so annoying I sold them 6 months later and purchased some nice 18" aftermarket wheels.

Keep in mind my car was pushing 500hp with my small upgrades (chip & exhaust) and I still was not happy with the performance drop when I switched the wheels.

Let me know your thoughts.
blueranger is offline   Reply With Quote