View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #127 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Obviously the gains are primarily due to other bolt-on mods -- particularly the headers... I don't think anyone here thought 30+ whp came just from valve timing adjustment on a NA car.

What I'm trying to determine is the approximate degree of improvement with this set-up achieved from tuning alone with the ability to ALSO tune VVEL.

Can you give us more detail on that. For example, by how much were you able to increase max lift? Are there limits built into the new software (or constrained by the ECU) to prevent causing physical damage?

I'm not questioning your word -- I'm seeking more detailed information regarding the new tuning parameter...
I would suggest you call Z1 and talk to Jon directly. I can't say for sure, but I know if I was the tuner, I wouldn't post what I had done for public consumption. There are too many shops that steal and copy other peoples actual products and certainly intellectual property too.