View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #125 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@Z1 View Post
I tuned the vehicle and I'm telling all of you this power was not gained in VVEL tuning alone. And yes VVEL is helpful but(I seem to have to say this next part a lot) please don't think this is in VVEL tuning alone. Mike has pretty much shared his mods with everyone. There is no need to perform the runs you just mentioned as the VVEL tuning we performed did not net very high numbers(but hey, don't take my word for it I only tuned the car).
Obviously the gains are primarily due to other bolt-on mods -- particularly the headers... I don't think anyone here thought 30+ whp came just from valve timing adjustment on a NA car.

What I'm trying to determine is the approximate degree of improvement with this set-up achieved from tuning alone with the ability to ALSO tune VVEL.

Can you give us more detail on that. For example, by how much were you able to increase max lift? Are there limits built into the new software (or constrained by the ECU) to prevent causing physical damage?

I'm not questioning your word -- I'm seeking more detailed information regarding the new tuning parameter...

Last edited by Jordo!; 11-05-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote