Thread: Tire Pressure
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
6MT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Reliant Robin
6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Division View Post
I took my first decent road trip this weekend- about 1/3 of the way back home the TPMS light started flashing and stayed on. After stopping and kicking the tires, checking for nails, etc... I found a walmart and grabbed a Pressure gauge. (new car- didn't have one in it) I was quite surprised to find out how over inflated the tires were. I guess the TPMS system measures the pressure differential between all tires, and not the exact tire pressure.

The LF was the closest at 37 psi, all other tires were between 42-43 PSI. I got home and let the tires cool down overnight, and they were still ~5 psi above the 35 psi spec on the door jam. I brought all the tires down to 35 psi and let them sit overnight again. Checked again before I left for work this morning, all are still spot on. Guess the factory/port/dealer should invest in a decent tire gauge.
Exactly the same thing happened to me. When I questioned the "kid" who did the PDI on my 370, he said that he never checked the pressures. Kudos to him for not lying, BUT...WTF? Did Nissan over-inflate my tires from the factory? They were at 45psi when my TPMS lamp went off.

Easy fix, mind you. But it's the thought... did Nissan over-inflate my tires?

2009 370Z Sport/Touring 6MT sold
2013 Honda Civic Si coupe D/D

Last edited by 6MT; 09-15-2009 at 01:30 PM.
6MT is offline   Reply With Quote