View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #266 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0velMan View Post
I gotta tell you, unless they've made huge strides with VVEL since May, it's pretty unlikely they got double digit gains from VVEL tuning alone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
No -- of course not. That's not what I'm saying.

To be clear, you can't tune valve timing and lift without also tuning fuel and spark -- it all works together. But my point is that optimized tuning without being able to adjust VVEL would have resulted in lower numbers than with the ability to also tune VVEL.

My guess is, being able to tune all three netted another 10-15 whp above tuning fuel and spark alone.

If Mike had fuel and spark only tuned with the headers previously and went from about 330 to 342 with a re-tune that included VVEL changes, that is right on the money with my predictions.