View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 09:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Blown32
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Blk sport 6T
Blown32 is on a distinguished road

My favorite color is black and I have had many black cars and trucks.So I purchased a black 09 Z.There is nothing in my opinion better looking when detailed then a black car.
As to the quality of the paint job it sure leaves alot to desire.I have never ever had such difficulty with a black car as with this one.The paint on this car it the worst I have ever seen and had to deal with.It chips very very easily and the clear coat is worthless.Any bird droppings etch into the clear immediately.Regardless of wax.Believe me I detail and wax my car always.Garaged all the time when not driving.Even if I'am just stopping home for 10 minutes it is pulled into the garage.
The clear is etched in many spots from the bird droppings.Now I don't have any different birds then I've had for 30 years here so it is definetly the paint.
I also own a Toyota suv that I have had for 7 years now and have only maybe waxed 3 times.Always washed and kept clean but parked outside.Not ONE mark ever from bird droppings!
This is my first Nissan and have no experience before with this but have had GM vehicles also and never anything like this.
I bought for the wife and naturally I take care of it always and enjoy keeping it detalied.Just that this is the worst experience I have ever had with a black car.
By reading the posts on this forum regarding the paint it seems to be the general consensus that the paint is an issue.It just isn't black from what I read also.
As for the car itself we love it and have no complaints other then the paint issue.Some issue with the rear hatch releasing but all vehicles will have some small issues.
First oil change at 2800 miles and was a half a qt. low then.Of course we don't know where it was filled to from the factory but we monitor it now. Switched to Mobil 1 at that point and filled to the top level on the dipstick and now a 1000 miles later and level hasn't moved.
For a sports car with all the features and detail Nissan put into the new design it is a great car.Would of been nice if they didn't pinch on the paint quality.Maybe they have caught on to how easy and gullable we are in the US?
Blown32 is offline   Reply With Quote