View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #1118 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
Today started well. I zipped along without anybody in front of me. When I finally saw a car up ahead and I thought "let's catch up". just as I wound out second and put it in third I thought I saw movement in the sunlight and shade. Sure enough, a 4 point buck scrambled over a guard rail and into the road just to test my brakes or be killed.

Holy Toledo, my brakes grabbed and I heard my tires as I rapidly approached the buck. I do not know what exactly happened to my wrist but I hurt it somehow grabbing the wheel hard (?) as my other hand came back from the shift. I veered into the on coming lane a little and then back into my own (straight line braking). I missed the deer by two feet in the end so no big deal. My wrist ached for ten minutes then stopped.

I caught the car ahead a few seconds later and they too pulled off, to give me a clear drive the rest of my way.

What a day. The excitement never stops when you drive a Z.
Def. one of the reasons I prefer to live in the desert, and city... nothing like that will run out in front of you! Must have been exciting, in a scary kind of way!