View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 06:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
boosted180
Base Member

Drives: '09 370z sport 6m
boosted180 is on a distinguished road

i've owned 2 240's, one with an sr20 and lightly modded for track use. i've owned both for almost 10 years.

this one looks very nice, but careful of it's mechanical condition and how well it was put together. i would say the vast majority of modified 240s are NOT very well done. they dont "work" for the track in terms of how they're set up b/c the people doing them dont really know what they're doing.

the main fault of the 240 is the weak chasis that has some serious problems with flexing if you're going to drive it hard. other than that, it's a light-weight, great handling car if set up properly and the sr20 is a great engine that's been perfectly reliable for me. and there's tons of aftermarket support for this car. i would say it's one of the cheapest ways of going fast reliably.

however, like i said, just be careful about how things have been modified. i've known people (including my brother) who bought fixed up 240s that looked great, but came to regret it b/c of mechanical problems due to previous owners doing crappy sr20 installs, etc.
boosted180 is offline   Reply With Quote