View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 01:34 AM   #48 (permalink)
simota1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: solid red 370z 6mt
simota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
For the most part, what Sprint Booster does is something you could do with your own foot. It's just changing the response curve mapping between pedal position and engine input. Their newer model (I forget what they renamed it to) may have more subtlety in the mapping, but the original Sprint Booster's graphs looks like it just jumped the throttle up faster when you first get into the pedal (with the tradeoff of flatter response later in the pedal, because ultimately they can't change the total range available). If you like how it feels when driving though, there's nothing wrong with that.

With UpRev you can control the curve similarly and make up your own mapping. You can see some work I did on that here: Smooth Throttle for UpRev. My goals are different than Sprint Booster's though. Mostly I'm just trying to get the low-RPM WOT to work while keeping the whole pedal range smooth and usable for finesse.
repped you my man for the explanation thanks man

***TOP SECRET/POWERHOUSE AMUSE/ARC/DAYTONA RACING/VARIS/MINES/GANADOR/J-LINE/WORK EMOTION CR KAI/GT SPEC/CARBON SIGNAL/ZOOM ENGINEERING/ CARBON FIBER ELEMENT/STILLEN/***
simota1 is offline   Reply With Quote