View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 01:51 AM   #83 (permalink)
MeetJoeAsian
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 350Z to G35c to 370Z
MeetJoeAsian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
She wouldn't budge. Any advice? The salesman said to buy it and she would eventually forgive me. He has never been married...
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission...that's my belief and that's what I always tell my male customers who have to go home to ask permission from their wives...

Tell her that financing a car is a depreciating asset...you are currently paying $644, and based on what you said, you have 3 years left (x36 months), that means she's planning to pay a total of over $23k in the next 3 years for a car you are NOT using, and after the 3 years, your vehicle will be worth less than half of that $23k, "so honey, does it make sense for us to make payments every month for something we're NOT using, AND in addition to that, we're looking to pay a total of $23k for something that once we're done paying, will be worth $10k" and reiterate that you are making a payment $85 LESS than the SUV, AND you are saving at least $30 a month on gas, which brings a total saving of $115, "and honey, that $115, we can trade in your Sentra in for an Altima that you always want...and you get the car that you want (bigger, more comfort), and I get a 370Z, and our payments together won't even exceed the payments of the SUV and the Sentra together"...I'm assuming that insurance is a wash between trading in 2 cars for 1 (even if the RX7 is only liability)....

Now, if all else fails, go buy the damn car...take it home to her and tell her you got "closed" by the salesman...You'll be sleeping on the couch for a few days, maybe weeks, but that will give you a reason to go out into the garage and admire the car every night until she lets you back into the room again...you're a man, grow some balls...

You're living the American dream: Living in debt. You will always have 2 payments in your life: a house note and a car note...so you might as well get what you want...

You'd be amazed how those lines have worked for me to close customers...
MeetJoeAsian is offline   Reply With Quote