View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNISMO View Post
I have passed on Audi till they fix the problem. All of their DI engines have the problem. It's why I have passed getting an S5. Toyota has solved it using a set on injectors that are in the intake manifold that squirt when you first start the car to clean the valves. Hopefully Nissan will do the same before going DI.
Hm. I didn't know that was the reason (or at least a reason) for the port+DI system.

Notwithstanding this issue, I look forward to a DI'd boosted Z.

The only PITA is that for tuning you have to swap out the fuel pump on DI systems. If its a dual system, like Toyota uses, you can possibly get away with just having the port injectors pick up the slack.

Does Nissan (or Mercedes) have any DI engines on the market yet? That would be a good indicator of what's to come.