View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 08:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about
Default Direct Injection and the next gen Z

Well guys i was thinking about the next gen Z and i though that Direct Injection would have to be in the next Z because it allows you to make more power, and get better mpg(which is near impossible to do with a regular engine) so i began reading up about DI and what are both the good and the bad

well so far the benefits are amazing but the bads right now are something to be worried about

one of the biggest problems with DI engines today is that there is a carbon build up problem with these engines(some worse than others)

with VW's DI engines, there is a huge problem with the carbon build up that VW knows about but cant do anything to fix it because it has something to do with the way their emissions system is setup and modifying that will cause the car to fail sniffer tests but pretty much what happens is when carbon builds up, the engine loses power, and sometimes it gets so bad that parts have to be replaced because of it

ford and other manufactures who have direct injected motors also have this problem but its not as bad(not sure about nissan though)

so my question is...

what do you guys think about this?
would you want direct injection in the next Z if the car has this problem? and would you want to clean out the engine every so often because of the carbon build up?

i know i wouldnt want Direct injection in the next Z if carbon build up was a problem but if nissan could fix the carbon build up problem, i would be all for a direct injected engine
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote