View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #211 (permalink)
Bonzo
Track Member

Drives: Finally, a 370Z!!!
Bonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Few Concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersic58 View Post
Does anyone have any updates available as to whether or not they have experienced condensation, leaks, blown lights etc.?

Very interested in this mod but concerned that on their initial post they state "NO MOISTURE/CONDENSATION AKA PERFECT SEAL" but then only give a 1 year warranty. If it is perfect seal why not warranty the item for greater than 1 year. Likewise on the lights. 6 months does not make me feel warm and fuzzy about product life - it sounds like there is a known issue about these. Is my question/statement inaccurate?

I raise this issue as I was discussing it with someone that works on my car and they said this is a well known issue and to avoid doing it.

Does anyone have any feedback about condensation and LED/ORB lights from '09, '10, '11

Note that these questions are not meant to disparage the work done by 180; their work is obviously aesthetically pleasing and from general comments people are thrilled. I am also not going down the road about price; I believe in paying for value so that is not the issue either. Just want to make sure that there is a realistic usuable life expectancy of the mod and that I won't end up having to buy new lights 366 days from time of install.
I'd LOVE to do this mod this winter for a Christmas present to myself, but I have the same sort of questions. I'm most concerned about 3 things:

1. Moisture build up / leaks over time. I hate this problem in other people's cars and do not want it in mine. Just wondering if anyone has had this happen?

2. This is my biggest worry. Paint pealing / cracking / chipping. In the past, it was well known that chrome and painting over it didn't go well together. So what's changed? Why should I now consider this a non-problem? I wish Nissan sold plain black parts before getting chromed, then this would be a non-issue for me.

3. Will the lights need to be adjusted in anyway upon reinstalling them, or are these lights non-adjustable? I just want to know this up front so I can move them back to the original spot if I have to.

Have any people who have done this years ago had any problems with items #1 and #2?

And can someone answer item #3.

Thanks in advance for your input---- Bonzo
Delivered Tuesday November 15, 9:57 am!!!
2012, Auto, White, Sport, Kick Plates
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote