View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #1394 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
You did not let me drive your car last time you were here. Whose did you drive with Koni/Swift? Are you cheating on me?????

You did not let me drive yours the last two times I was over at your house......hurt. A buddy of mines friend was visiting from out of town, not on the forum. Setup was one full turn the fronts and three clicks up from soft on the rear. They rode just like my 350z setup I had, stiff for daily driving, can you say where's the nearest chiropractor (for this old man). Like I said in my previous post it's a personal opinion and preference, me wanting a smooth daily drive.

It felt like the rear was trying to keep in tune with the front. Maybe the setup was off. Again guys not to deter anyone getting the Konica/swift setup...it was just not for me. Like I said before they ride a bit stiffer and are better suited for track use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary0x01 View Post
What do you mean by 'better'? You can adjust the Koni's, can you adjust the euro-tuned shocks?

I'm sure you can make them ride the same, but it all depends on how you end up feeling the car. I like the fact that the shocks can be adjusted. Cost me $250 over the euro-tuned price.
Why would I want them to be adjustable? The combo with spring rate and valving of the euro tuned are a perfect match. Any more compression on the shock would just ruin the ride. Problem with Konica and has always been a gripe is that their shock is only setup for compression and no rebound. If I were to pay the extra $250 for them I would want rebound also. Take a look at my previous post a few pages back. I give my opinion and it is just one persons opinion and may not be what everyone else is looking for a performance suspension setup. My apologies if I was vague with my statement of "better". I am sure their are a lot of happy members with the Konica/swift setup, just not me.

Last edited by ZForce; 10-31-2012 at 08:31 AM.
ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote