View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #282 (permalink)
tower74
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Camaro
tower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
I've actually seen it happen, although almost exclusively on cars with pre-cats that are right on the end of the headers, and only when initiated by core failure

The turbine and the compressor aren't using the same air. I can't imagine chunks of cat hopping between housings

You can look at a picture of a turbo and pretty quickly figure out that core chunks aren't going to wind up in the intake.

Yeah, I understand the two sides of a turbo...I was meaning in stopping inside the turbo and not going anywhere else....poor attempt at being a smart asz

But it flowing backwards??? If this is a somewhat or even a rare thing to happen I would hope that they would of already solved this kind of issue from ever happening.....At the same time I'm not a mechanic
tower74 is offline   Reply With Quote