View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #1096 (permalink)
Nixlimited
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R / 11 Prius
Nixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance View Post
Not at all. The air is being vented before the FMIC. The reason there was two BOV's in the prototype is due to them venting after the FMIC, where the charge air was split in to two.

99% of cars out there only use a single BOV to begin with. The 350z twin scroll kit uses one, as does the mid mount kit that I make for the 350z.

The Tial BOV's are also the largest you can get at 50mm with large vent ports..so there is a lot of room/area for the charge air to escape while the TB closes during shifts.
I would add that the single BOV pre-IC is a more efficient design too. There is no point in cooling charge air that is not going to be inducted. By venting before the IC, you save the IC the thermal load (i.e. heat soak) of that air.