View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #85 (permalink)
GTMat
Enthusiast Member

Drives: R8 / Z34
GTMat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
Hey guys, I just placed my order with GTMat, I have used Dynamat and eDead plenty of times in other cars to kill road noise...

From first contact with GTMat, I have to say, I got a reply at 8AM sharp, both on the forum and Facebook. I told them that I was going to place an order to do the whole trunk and the doors, no use in just testing 10 feet. And I HAVE driven a Z with full bolt ons that was fully Dynamatted as well.
After informing them that I had used Dynamat in the past I received this message:
I do want to be up front and state that our product is a discount alternative to Dynamat. If you can afford to install Dynamat, do so, as their product is name brand for a reason. Our discount version is asphalt based but with a higher heat resistance than other discount brands and very little to no asphalt smell when installed.
I would advise receiving the sample first though since you may not be happy with the 50 mil thickness. If you've used Dynamat before I would recommend you perform your install with our 80 mil product. I'm not trying to upsell you or anything. Most customers who have used Dynamat before have preferred our thicker version.

For a company to tell me that UP FRONT is rare, you call eDead, they say theirs is the best, you call Dynamat they say they are SO good, Chip Foose uses it, you call Fatmat and they say they sell the same product as Dynamat for less because they don't have the celebrity endorsement...
ALL of which is BULL

Yes, butyl mats like that used in Dynamat MIGHT be THE best solution, but the price is ALWAYS the chink in the chain...

And you CAN use a cheap Home Depot roofing alternative, but those have a REALLY HIGH amount of asphalt, and in any sort of heat, that crap melts and smells like death... They ship from Austin... If ONE person installed this in Texas or Arizona, or new Mexico, and it started to melt like Home Depots garbage alternative, you'd know... The forum would be FULL of crap reviews...

In any case, I will give a FULL review of my install process (will be doing the trunk and doors to start, which I can compare to a car that has Dynamat in the same areas, using the same install procedute.)

To the company that is upfront, honest, has good customer service, and as a kicker is giving free samples!
Reminds me of the other company on the forum that has only positive feedback... Fast Intentions... (I don't even own their products, LOL)
Sending you that quote for 40 sq ft of 80mil you requested. Thanks for giving us a shot!