Thread: 2009 issues?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary0x01 View Post
I find that 190 deg hard to believe, I have an oil cooler and only now do I stay at 190 doing hard driving and 180 otherwise... independent of ambient temps.
I'll be uninstalling my oil cooler soon, I'll post up pics, I BS you not though, I saw over 200 twice, one after... Drag racing on a closed course on the freeway to about 110, then coming to an immediate stop, and waiting, and the other time was when the dealershit didn't use Ester oil although I told them 10 times, but after they swapped it I went back to the 180-190 range.

EDIT: Again, I believe in their oil, or reasons why they recommend it, and the oil in my car, ONLY when using their oil, cools down a lot faster than say someone who uses Mobil 1... Even if its a test where we let our cars warm up, turn them off and wait to see how much time is needed to drop by a certain temp

To each his own. The oil cooler to me is a must because it will almost certainly prolong engine life. I don't think I will ever NOT install one on any car I will ever own from hereon out.

Last edited by DEpointfive0; 10-29-2012 at 09:10 PM.
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote