View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #29 (permalink)
dweedlebug
Base Member

Drives: '11 Nismo #142 - Red
dweedlebug is on a distinguished road

I totally feel your pain, but I do want to share my experience with using Wal-Mart to change my tires for many years on different vehicles.

I've never had a problem and regualrly use them. Quick service, low price and the people are actually pretty friendly.

Now, I do take a few extra precautions to make sure no unnecessary driving happens.

Anytime I take any of my cars in for any kind of work (anywhere - for any reason), I always write the mileage on a mini-post-it and stick it right on the speedo lens and snap a picture of it with the ACC on to show they both match.

I keep the post-it's and a pen in the car. All my cars have those items in them and they come in helpful for other things too.

I make sure to nicely, but clearly, tell the service techs that I already wrote down the mileage for them "so it's easier to see" and they can just leave the sticky right where it is.

I've never had extra miles show up.

I did ask recently and my local Wal-mart was very up front with me and said the tire changer they have can't accomodate the low sidewalls of the Z and they can't change them. My other cars have 215/45-17's or taller and smaller and they've always done a nice job for me.

Last edited by dweedlebug; 10-29-2012 at 01:57 PM.
dweedlebug is offline   Reply With Quote