View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #213 (permalink)
gabe3d
Base Member

Drives: Old school G
gabe3d is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub370 View Post
in other news, who gives a ****
You should if you care about seeing how other tuners on other platforms has done with similar technologies. Otherwise you can live short sighted. It's up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O&G View Post
Bit of an update: last week my tuner had a chance to re-tune my car for the colder weather. I was not at the shop when he was messing with it, I believe he worked on it from about 7:30pm to around 12:30am. I got a few funny texts from him that night:
"tried different things with the VVEL"
"I can make this b*tch sound like it has a big *ss cam in it"
"F*ck your car"
"slight exhaust leak before the turbo"
"Turned of the throttle control, makes it feel like it has a throttle cable now"
"I can definitely adjust cam timing, going to call Jared tomorrow and see about adjusting lift"
"Third gear pulls crazy"
"made 24 more wtq @ 2400 rpm"

Johnny cracks me up! I picked the car up Friday and drove it all weekend and took it Import Face Off with no issues at all. The car was a totally new beast, felt more like my old built TT 350Z. I'm about to go take a few GoPro vids via 98intrigues camera and post them up in my journal! I'll be dropping the car back off at the shop Tuesday to do some more testing, fix the exhaust leak and get some more numbers. I'll keep yall posted.
Good to hear, that things went well. Next part will be the part that will be most interesting. Keep up the good work and let us know how it goes.
gabe3d is offline   Reply With Quote