View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #29 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey6217 View Post
I bought a Top Speed Exhaust for my latest toy a 2012 370z in August. I wanted a better sound, as I am use to the Lambo sound. It was the X pipe system, Ebay Item 390433330590. I won,t post a picture, legal reasons, look it up on Ebay.
The system arrived and I took my exhaust of and laid out the new parts to start the new system install. Th Tig welding was not the best ,but passible.
The first pipe I went to install was the X pipe that goes against the Cats.
The drivers side flange was welded on crooked. it was off by a 1/2 inch.
I called Top Speed and spoke to my sales person, George, by the sound of his voice a young man, in his 20,s. He asked me to send him some pics. So I took some pics, made a templet of the flanges from the factory overlayed on top of their flanges. { I will try to up load the pictures}
He asked me if I knew what I was doing and if I could have it backwards. I knew then I was in trouble.
I e-mailed the pics, the same ones I have attached, called him back and he wanted to know which end went against the Cats! I could see where this was going. I had someone selling a product out of the computer with no knowledge of what he was selling.
I was told they would send me a new X pipe and pay for my shipping if they found it to be defected, BUT, first I have to pay a 2nd time for a whole new system, $620, not just for the X pipe, the whole system!
I got he 2nd X pipe and it was also welded wrong, but not by a 1/2 inch, just a little less than a 1/4 inch. We put a chain breaker bar around it and got just enough flex for it to fit over the studs coming out of the Cats, A tight fit.
They got the 1st X pipe back and credit my account the 2nd $620, but no shipping, $55.
After 4 e-mails and no reply I called George at Top Speed. It went like this,
Me- Where is my shipping?
George- We found nothing wrong with that pipe, no shipping.
Me- Give me a manager
George- I am the manager
Me- Did you lay that pipe on top of the templet I sent you with the pipe?
George- There is nothing wrong with that pipe
Me- I never complain, but check your reviews, I will be putting one on every Nissan and Infinity site I can find, have a nice day and I hope you put that $55 shipping to good use.Attachment 54524
If you blow up the picture you can clearly see that the on flang is welded on crooked, compared to the factory pipe. Any questions, feel free to e-mail me. I am always willing to help out you younger guys and girls. Thank You.
Sorry about your experience, I try to warn people about those SHITTY exhausts... You get what you pay for, and TS, it definitely a GREAT example of that... The damn things rattle internally SOOOOOOOO MUCH (Like the OP, I speak from experience, my buddy is sponsored by TS and he has gone through at least 2, and any other one I have heard sounds like they left pennies in the exhaust)
For the money of a TS, I'd save and either buy Megan (Sorry guys, I still think they make a GREAT product [oh, and they're all polished stainless steel]) or I'd buy a used ________ (fill in the blank)
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote