View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
houkouonchi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '14 GT-R '10 M6 370z
houkouonchi has a spectacular aura abouthoukouonchi has a spectacular aura about
Default My 370 got sanded

This might be better in the track section but I went out to chuckwalla valley raceway again and was pushing it a lot more than last time. I actually reduced my lap times by 8 seconds. On the first session on the final lap I unfortunately lost it in a turn and went off the track.

Reviewing the video footage it looks like the rear started going out and i reacted in time for the initial counter-steer but stupidly stopped giving it gas so the car started gripping sooner than I expected so I was too slow in getting it back strait which caused it to veer off in the counter-steer direction.

My front right tire came off the rim and might be damaged. Right now I am on wifi at 'car spa' while I give my 370z the full treatment. An amazing amount of sand got in the car due to the windows having to be down on the track.

Here is a picture of my 370z in its sad state:

What sucks is i just cleaned/vacuumed it out for the track event today... Doh. Anyway on the spare (which I have to admit is pretty damn nice for a spare) until I can get someone to check it out on Monday.

There was some fluid that was leaking which I later found out to be the windshield sprayer. Soon later I got a windshield liquid low warning and I see cracks in the reservoir.

Definitely feel like an idiot after especially because I couldn't drive back to the pit and tied up the track for 15 minutes.
houkouonchi is offline   Reply With Quote