View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #50 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr750 View Post
I'm talking about making the complete ramps out of 2 x 10's , not pre ramp extensions for rhino ramps.

If I had a choice of ramps, commercial ramps , I would go with metal ramps, instead of the plastic ones. I tried the rhino ramps about 10 yrs ago and never trusted them. The plastic ramps just tended to slide around to much and the plastic's tends to degrade with age to and get brittle , specially if left out in the sun.

Metal ramps last almost forever unless they rust out.

When I used ramps on the corvettes, I never drove up on them, I would first jack up the car and then place the metal ramp under the wheels.

Driving up on high ramps you really need 2 adult men or young guys that, are not afraid to adjust and make sure they don't move as you are driving up on them.

So when doing working on your own or with wife or girl friend its best to do it the slow and safe way.
Oops -- I apologize for my smart-aleck reply.

I use my Rhinos regularly (with my wooden "helpers")and I get no slip and am easily able to get the Z up on them alone.

Last edited by onzedge; 04-28-2014 at 08:32 AM.
onzedge is offline   Reply With Quote