View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 01:28 PM   #35 (permalink)
polarity
Base Member

Drives: [2009 370Z]
polarity is on a distinguished road

You could also argue that you're losing money by not selling that SUV, you're not running the miles up sure, but that SUV wont be worth what it is now in another 3 or 4 years, then when you sell it you won't get close to $20,000 for it.

No this isn't a valid argument but the idea would be to get her to see the end result. One way or another, one day or another you will have the car you want, the sooner she gets happy with that fact the happier you will both be. Now excuse me while I go wipe my browsing history, and saved passwords so my wife never gets to see this post. Hahaha

Sorry man I have no good advise really. My wife and I have been dating since I was 16 (turn 27 this year), and got married 3 or 4 years ago now (guess I should look that up before I get a pop quiz), when she met me I had just bought my first Z, it was a 79 280ZX that I worked my arse off for, I told her then that I loved these cars and she's put up with it ever since. Maybe have a chat with the wife and talk to her about what you want, listen to her side and be realistic. If she has a valid argument (you really can't afford it right now) then be smart and hold off, if she's just saying no for the sake of saying no, I'd go pickup the Z that afternoon.

-William
polarity is offline   Reply With Quote