View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #63 (permalink)
Z370Z011
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: PearlWhite 370z 6MT
Z370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNA94 View Post
I posted this in a previous rear-ender thread:

Warning to anyone who gets rear ended like this...No matter how insignificant the damage looks don't just let them walk away! I swear this Z has a magic bumber that is fantastic for hiding damage.
I was rear ended back in December while stopped in traffic. Some lady smacked into the back of me hard enough to give me a good jerk and throw me against the seat belt. After we pull over to the side of the freeway and I get out to see how bad the damage was I was shocked that there really wasn't any. I found one small abrasion. She was like "well, it doesn't look bad at all" and I was like "well, lets see what the police think" and called 911 to get a cop and a report. Cop shows up and says "well I don't see any damage, do you? In cases like this we just exchange insurance info and don't file a report." I'm like ok, whatever lazy ***. Insurance adjuster comes out and takes some pics and writes an estimate of $450 to touch up the scuff. The scuff was so small I couldn't even get a good picture of it. And I nearly pocketed the $450 check the insurance company sent me. Well, glad I didn't. I take it into the Nissan Collision Center and when they get the bumper off they found the inner bumper was bent, the extension from the frame to the bumper was bent, and the floorboards were bent. New total came out to be $4,800.
So, moral of the story: no matter how minor rear end damage looks get it at least inspected.
What!!!!!!!!! Then that means mine mist me just as bad! Crap.. I need to get it inspected then!
Z370Z011 is offline   Reply With Quote