View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
PaulZ370
Track Member

Drives: 011 370 BSM/T/SP/6MT
PaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud of
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by antfd3s View Post
It's the nature of the VQs motor making its hiss. This topic is covered all over.
The real question is. You think Randy Rodriguez knew about the hiss when he designed the front fascia on the Z?
LOL... I Love my Fangs even more now!

I have resonated HFC's (FI). The hiss is barely audible. I really have to slow down, cut the radio off, put the windows down, then accelerate in a low gear and lift off the throttle, and I can just make out the hiss. The resonators in a set of upgraded HFC's will mute about 90% of the hissing noise. As you open up the HFC's further (non-resonated, lower Count - I have the 300 count HFC's, but you can specify 100 count - better breathing), the louder the hiss. And then there are the test pipes that are pretty much wide open for noise. I have not heard a 370 with test pipes yet, but I can imagine it would be King Cobra hissing on Steroids...

BD2ZBN :: 2011 BSM/TRG/SP/6MT/Stillen Oil Cooler/K&N CAI/Michelin PSS/Brake Light/EIBACH Sway Bars/FI Res. HFC+18" Res. CBE/Morimoto XB LED/DRLs/10mm Spacers
PaulZ370 is offline   Reply With Quote