View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #4409 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristobal09 View Post
So Al, did you ever get to test drive a cts-v ?

What cars did you test drive? What made you choose the sti over the other cars you previously wanted to test?

I forget, you got rid of the mazda right?
I'm selling the Mazda before I pick up the Scooby.

I tested a little bit of everything.

I didn't get to test a CTS-V, but it was out of my price range anyway. And I was concerned about cost of insurance and gas with that.

I nearly bought a Z06. I test drove two of those. Had I found the right deal, I might have bought one. I love the way they drive. So much performance for the dollar. But alas, I have a labrador and a need to travel in winter.

I drove a Focus ST and a Mazdaspeed3, but I decided I wanted to go upscale with an AWD hatch.

I have also driven the VW Golf R, and I really liked it, but I'm not sold on cost of maintenance on German vehicles past warranty. The STI is quicker stock, but the R can be chipped to be very fast.

And I tested the Mustang GT. Almost bought one or a Boss, but again, AWD in snow was a deciding factor here.

The WRX is just so versatile. 300hp, .95 on skidpad, room for 4 adults, cargo space, 6mt available with short-throw, AWD... Total package.