View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #294 (permalink)
Huan'z
Track Member

Drives: black 370z 7/AT.
Huan'z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels2k View Post
Thanks bro, yea I'am keeping it and waiting for that glorious day when the recall is announced. Did you have the same problem on your z?
Yes sir. Parked the z for a whole week because went out of town. When get back warm the z for around 10 mins then the next day nothing working. The key fob doesn't work have to used the manual key to unlock the z. I was thinking the battery was bad. So grab the battery to autozone, orelly, and advance auto parts. They all said the battery was good. Then get back here on forum try to search around. Found this thread. Then I called my dealer and they tow my car for free because still under warranty. Then after diagnose. They found out the steering lock mechasm was bad and the body control module was bad too. They replaced both parts now working good. The service adviser said. A lot of z and altima had same problem. That's y thats the first thing get in there head when they see z or altima failed like mine. Then after 3 days got my car back. (They also recall the navigation software) then bring the car back in next day to ask them fix the fuel LEDs that won't go full even u just filled it full tank of gasoline. So far no more issue. They fix all of it. Because I'm running out of warranty too. Just want to search around the forum what else need to be done. Big thanks to the370z.com!!

P.s they also said they can't understand why nissan still not recall this issues on our z and altima. But they believe a lot of customer already files the case of steering lock. They believe soon or later this will be recall for the z too. That's what I heard from my service adviser at mossy Nissan. (Houston, Texas on I-10/Katy fwy)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huan'z is offline   Reply With Quote