View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #64 (permalink)
gotzkill
Base Member

Drives: 370z
gotzkill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt@UAMotorsports View Post
W.O.W. You have out done yourself again. Too bad Strasse cuts their own wheels with their own tooling. Ohhh and they also design their own wheels and have them tested before they bring them to market. That is why they only have a few designs... not because of lack of creativity but because their designs are proven and have not failed... And as the original article says the COR wheels warranties are void when in competition... That is COR not Strasse Forged... Also, Strasse Forged Hosts Track days for its customers both drag and HPDE's. The wheels are proven to be reliable on and off the track. My original set of strasse wheels are on their 3rd or even 4th vehicle and still look brand new! I am on my second set of wheels from them. I have sold over a dozen sets of wheels and have had ZERO problems with both customer service and the product itself.

You are making an attempt at a strawman argument. Everyone appreciates you linking the thread about the wheels and bringing to light the situation. HOWEVER, I and Others do NOT appreciate you lumping in other companies because YOU THINK YOU KNOW how their business is run.

This really sucks for the owner of that car, just a good thing no one got hurt!!

With respect to the quoted message however, theres a couple of things that should be noted...

1.) As a dealer on this forum, and someone deeply bedded in the Nissan aftermarket parts scene, the way that you approach a regular forum member is absolutely out of line. As someone who consistently deals with people, diplomacy and eloquence with the way you speak should be second to none. That is not at all what you've exhibited within this thread. Extremely unprofessional.

2.) I'm not sure if you've ever been to the COR manufacturing facility, but I have. I can tell you without so much as a hint of doubt that Strasse Forged is made and finished by COR. The COR facility is littered with Strasse Forged wheels and there is constantly people from Strasse there picking wheels in boxes ready to ship. Strasse is made by COR, with COR's components, COR's forgings, COR's hardware, etc... As for designs, with the exception of a couple of them, they are just slightly altered designs from companies that had already been producing those designs, but then again, what wheels now-a-days arent similar to one wheel or another.

To each their own though, if you like COR, Strasse, or Saca-Moco down the street, its your own responsibility to do your research and choose the right product for you.

This seems to be an isolated incident so lets hope it stays that way! If I were COR I would have immediately handed the whole situation over to their insurance company and had them handle it. Thats what the insurance they pay for every month is there for.

Last edited by gotzkill; 10-24-2012 at 05:02 PM.