View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 09:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
cotizi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 VW GTI 6MT
cotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Well I have to say, this sound is growing on me. I think I was a bit embarrassed by how loud it was at first. I went to a family party in the 'burbs tonight and everyone was raving about it. As some of you said, they think it sounds like a supercar. In fact, I drove past a GT-R in traffic and the dude snapped his head toward the car as I passed. I'll be damned, but my Z was MUCH louder than his GT-R.

So, for now it stays on. The garage may have amplified the sound some, but trust me...it's just as loud outside. I left my wife and dad on the curb and did a pass, and they claim it's loud but not TOO loud. A good loud if you will. The wife said that if it doesn't set off car alarms, she won't make me take it off. So far, no car alarms triggered .

More videos to come tomorrow. My buddy with the HD camcorder will be taking a spin with me
Your conclusions are perty much the same i came up with. At first i thought it would be too loud, but after driving it this way for months, i put the stock exhaust back on just to see and i took it off after a week because its too boring. I also agree about eventually moving to a real cat-back exhaust system in the future.