View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
afbunn
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Sport M6
afbunn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo370z View Post
i know all about the cigarette outlets thats the thing i want to get away from them, friggin cords all over, id want to connect to the back of the radio some how with the ipad mini and have it charge off of that, if it cant be done that way then its not for me. i wont even plug my phone into the audio jack on the front because its one more cable id have to have in the car.

and i have both outlets being used now btw, im a salesperson and have one for my personal iphone and one for my windows work phone. to many cords already!!!
I believe there are cigarette lighter USB chargers that have two or more USB ports on them. Using the one in your center console would be the one you could use for your two phones. As for charging the tablet, you can probably charge it with a USB port from aftermarket head units. I know some of the newer ones have two USB ports. One in front and one in back. The one in the back could be your ticket for charging your tablet. You'd just have to route the charging cord through the cubby assembly to the rear of the head unit. That's what my plan is for my Nexus 7 install onto the surface of my cubby lid.
afbunn is offline   Reply With Quote