View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm...this is strange indeed. They (the dealership) actually came to me originally with a rate of 8%, to which I just said 'no way'. Then they did their little 'let me go talk to a manager' song and dance, and came back stating that they talked to Nissan and explained to them that I'm a 'premium customer', and Nissan agreed to 1.9%. Now, I figured they were just blowing smoke up my @ss. I figured that the original 8% rate was just something they threw on the table in case they had a sucker on their hands who'd accept it no questions asked, and if rejected, then they could make up this 'premium customer' line to butter up the customer, along with offering the 'real' rate.

But if you guys got stuck with those higher rates, then I'm not sure what to think. I hate to think of this as a possibility, but could it be that I'm right about the higher rate being a smokescreen, and I just got lucky and my dealership caved when I said 'no way' whereas your dealership stood firm and held out for a higher APR? I mean, truth be told, had my dealership dug in their heels and said that 6% was the best they could do, I'd probably have gone ahead and signed anyway. Maybe I just got lucky and benefited from a lack of resolve on the dealership's part. It was a Friday night when I did my deal, after all. Maybe they just wanted to go home.
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote