View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooonnn View Post
I'm assuming you are referring to the ms-8. Unless you have a center channel I don't see why it would be advisable to choose the over the other choices considering the ms8 is similarly priced. Its a good processor for people who have little to no audio experience that would like to stop at a basic level. You cannot bypass auto eq. It is counterintuitive and more straining to the system to eq over another eq with the manual eq. You also have limited filter control in addition to shoddy interface looks and remote. This does not even include the fact that the autoeq is extremely sensitive which usually causes less than desirable mid bass for most peoples preferences. I have heard great ms8 tuned cars but EVERY one of them has since changed over (or back to) to audison or mosconi with much brtter results. I've also had one fail on me as well. Never had a problem with the audison or the pioneer.

Sent from my Nexus 7
I have ran the ms-8 without an center channel with no problems at all. JBL recommends running one but it is not needed in any way to achieve great sound. The ms8 does flatten the eq'd signal you send it "high input" from a factory system, with the use of a aftermarket head unit it does allow for a flat signal to be used "no eq on head unit" You simply use the 21 band on the ms8 for your settings instead. Usually I have read the MS8 is the starting point for people and they move up to others.

OP I do recommend you reading into the mosconi before buying it as it can be a little overwhelming. I would recommend the audison for your first.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote