View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #32 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutokuZ View Post
I had that exact same issue with my Evo IX. The clunk would happen, while backing up and I applied the brakes. The issue was diagnosed as the brake pads "shifting", due to the lack of shims. I replaced the shims and the clunk was gone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 plus View Post
I had the same problem with my 04 Quest minivan and it was due to shifting brake pads in the carrier when you shift from reverse to drive or sometimes drive to drive. Lubed up back of pads and tab slots with high temp brake lube worked for a period of time...Knowing what the noise was reassured me of no serious problems so when the noise returned some time later didn't do anything till brake change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutokuZ View Post
Same here, I put RB500 pads on my Brembo's. Since they were really thick, couldn't put the shims on. Once the pads wore down a little, they started to "shift" causing the clunk. Put new shims on and the clunk was gone.
At the three above posters... REALLY? I always have used shims in my past cars and my dad NEVER does (on the same cars), and I have never had an issue either way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr&Mrs View Post
My 7AT was doing this for a while and it was driving me nuts, only low speeds, and very loud. I happen to get a nail in one of my rear tires and when getting it patched the tech noticed my TPMS was missing. It was inside the wheel.

My light never came on beacause it was still transmitting LOL! After we took it out no more clunk.
REALLY??? Maybe I'll check that?
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote