View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
jooonnn
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Nismo
jooonnn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
As someone who has installed 3 of these, I disagree. I know the adjustments are limited with them however for a new person going active or even incorporating new speakers into a stock system they work well. Me personally, I will be running a mosconi 6to8 next year with my focal build. I do agree with any of the audio processors as they all have pros and cons.
I'm assuming you are referring to the ms-8. Unless you have a center channel I don't see why it would be advisable to choose the over the other choices considering the ms8 is similarly priced. Its a good processor for people who have little to no audio experience that would like to stop at a basic level. You cannot bypass auto eq. It is counterintuitive and more straining to the system to eq over another eq with the manual eq. You also have limited filter control in addition to shoddy interface looks and remote. This does not even include the fact that the autoeq is extremely sensitive which usually causes less than desirable mid bass for most peoples preferences. I have heard great ms8 tuned cars but EVERY one of them has since changed over (or back to) to audison or mosconi with much brtter results. I've also had one fail on me as well. Never had a problem with the audison or the pioneer.

Sent from my Nexus 7