View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazicon View Post
You tow that much with a unibody vehicle? I don't know I would just have a problem with that. Not saying it can't do it but thats a LOT of weight for a Grand.
You know the new gen Grands are on new stout Mercedes chassis right? V8 Grand on same chassis is rated at 7400 lbs. Germans make their chassis to tow. Dang thing weighs 5000 lbs. it's like it's made from solid steel ingot! Lol! Just saying this isn't your average unibody vehicle.

Has all sorts of awesome engineering focused on towing too! Anti-sway technology, tranny that locks gears, extra oil and tranny cooling.

I have thousands of miles towing with 2009 Silverado v8 Crewcab with same trailer and car. The jeep stops quicker and feels better towing. Only thing it gives up is a little grunt on real steep hills but frankly the jeep will pull mountain grades at 60 to 65 mph no problem.