View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Lone Wolf 75
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z PG 6M
Lone Wolf 75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Zwolf View Post
Thanks, guys!
Sorry for disappointing those expecting something even more curvaceous...

From your point of view, I´m not "up north" but rather far east, kinda 'cross da pond 'n' stuff.
Us old-worlders all get the rear wiper as standard, I guess, as well as the rear fog light.

The tags are custom, as far as possible.
Here in Germany, the tags are standardized like this:
First 1-3 letter group has to be the city or county you live in.
Major Cities are single-letter (B=Berlin, M=Munich), smaller cities or counties are 2 or 3 letters.
Then has to follow a 1 or 2 letter group and then a 1 to 4 digit number.
Many communities allow to customize those last two groups within the rules and if not already taken, of course.
Many people do it, to get their initials and birthdates onto their car tag.
For my city (ED=Erding), "ED Z 370" was already taken, so I added my first name initial and took "ED WZ 370" which was free.
Something including "370Z" will not be possible in my country due to the abovementioned rules.
If no custom registration is requested, the community administration will assign a random one.
Customs tags cost me €12.- extra added to the registration fee.
Gotcha. For some reason, I was geographically challenged this morning (I blame the lack of coffee in my system) and thought you were posting from Canada. Technically though, I think you may be a little north, as well as considerably east. Now that I know you are in Germany, that's cool. Hopefully you are getting to see the sights and experience all the culture there - I keep telling myself one year I am going to go to Oktoberfest and drive the Nurburgring, but not necessarily in that order.

It all makes sense now - thanks for explaining the plates situation. I didn't even notice the front and rear parking sensors until I went back and looked for them. Enjoy your Z, I'm sure there are plenty of awesome roads there.
Lone Wolf 75 is offline   Reply With Quote