View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a little biased, but
Powdercoating is more durable, less resistant to chipping and is more flexible than paint, so it can absorb tiny rock impacts rather than chip

Powdercoating looks much better and keeps looking better than brush on or home spray kits.

Powdercoating will have the same type of finish as high quality automotive paint.

If you go with paint and have a body shop do them, price will probably be comparable to powdercoating. I charge 350 for a set of 4. You might find it cheaper, but my price includes disassembly and reassembly of the calipers. Most powdercoaters won't touch that work. I do, because calipers are my specialty and I've done over 2300 sets of them in the last 7 years.